REY IS MY ROLE MODEL… IS SHE YOURS? BY MADELYN SWEET

Rey is my role model… Is she yours?

By Madelyn Sweet

What you and other people need to know is that I am now obsessed with Rey. 

Now I’m gonna be honest here, The ninth episode of Star Wars is one of my top favorite movies that I’ve seen… and Rey (if you didn’t know, Rey is the main character) is a very strong and unique character, and probably one of the top strongest Jedi. And to me she is amazing. But many people think that Rey is either weak or stubborn or just not the right person to be around, but what they don’t know is that she’s very kind to her friends and to the people she’s around and she is unbelievably strong, So… I think Rey should be your role model because she is really strong and really brave and she has an amazing personality and last and most importantly she has a checkered past and a very strong future ahead of her.

One reason I think Rey should be your role model is because she is really strong and really brave.

In the 7th Star Wars movie ( The Force Awakens ) when Kylo Ren is interrogating Rey and using the force and forcing her to tell him where the map to Luke skywalker is, she is resisting it and that really REALLY shows how strong she is. 

Also, in The  Force Awakens when Finn is knocked out by Kylo Ren, Rey goes against Kylo ren and that takes a lot of bravery and force. And I think she must be strong with the force because she is really getting Kylo Ren good.

In The Last Jedi,  Rey stands up against Snoke and says “You underestimate Skywalker, and Ben solo and me… It will be your downfall.” Oh! Such bravery and strength in this Jedi. No wonder why she is such an AMAZING character.

This shows that Rey has a lot of bravery and strength in her.

Another reason I think Rey should be your role model is because she has an amazing personality.

When it comes to Star Wars, Rey is absolutely a big character, but what most stands out about her is her character/personality. 

Rey has a strong personality and she is very loyal to her friends and isn’t afraid to go against the first order, But Rey does have some stubbornness because people keep calling her weak or nothing or just a scavenger girl and that get’s her upset because those people might not even know her, and their saying that she’s weak because she’s a scavenger? One that’s not right, and two I would be upset if people just said I was weak for my appearance. Would you? 

But she is also a little stubborn because Rey grew up alone, and she couldn’t see herself in this position. Ever. so I can feel the pressure she must have. 

Rey is also very kind to her friends and to the people of her galaxy, her heart is full of kindness and caring, but is hard on people when it is needed. If Rey is ever mad at someone, it’s because her heart is in the right place.

But also Rey is optimistic, she is excited to know her future and wants to know her place in all this, she has a very hard past and wants to have the rest of her life to be as best as possible, to make up for the rough past she has been through.

This shows that Rey has an amazing personality.

And last and most important reason that Rey should be your role model is because of her checkered past and strong future ahead of her.

Rey had a very interesting past and I am Itching to know the answer to her question “where do I belong?”

In the beginning of The Force Awakens, the first time we see Rey, we see that she is a scavenger, then once she is back at her “house” we see tally marks showing how long her parents were away. And that just makes you think about her past, tough and hard living, because her parents left her to keep her safe at a very young age. And she lived alone. Not knowing what her future is going to be, and wanting more than just sorrow and loneliness. Rey wanted light and joy in her future, unlike her past.

In The Rise Of Skywalker she finally, FINALLY, figured out where she belonged, Rey belonged as a jedi with the resistance and with her friends, and she is known as (SPOILER ALERT!!) A Skywalker. (Because she didn’t want to be out of a sith name, Palpatine.)

This shows that Rey had a very tough past and a strong future ahead of her. 

When I was little I dreamed of having someone important to watch over me, and for me to care about, And then when Rey came along my dream came true, I think this is important because Rey is a character that takes chances, never gives up, got your back, makes you feel safe, she saves galaxy’s! But more importantly, she cares for her friends. This is why I think Rey should be your role model because she is very strong and very brave, she has an amazing personality and last and most importantly she has a very checkered past and a strong future ahead of her.  And if you don’t think a caring, smart and brave Jedi isn’t a good role model for you… then I don’t know what is.   😀  🙂

2 thoughts on “REY IS MY ROLE MODEL… IS SHE YOURS? BY MADELYN SWEET”

1. She sounds like an AH-mazing role model: strong yet caring, powerful yet caring. Strong, positive role models aren’t always easy to find; sounds like you found yourself the perfect one